Monday, March 10, 2014

Sunset Boulevard











Hells Angeles muscle tee; The Laundry Room | Jeans; H&M | Boots; Rock N Republic via Kohl's | Lipstick; MAC Up The Amp

All photos by Courtney Coles

Mark this day in time. Thursday, February 27th, 2014, the day I fell in love with Los Angeles (who'd of thought, I used to hate the place). A day of exploring, shooting, and girl talk with Courtney. One of the best I may add. This was the one day I was in LA that is wasn't raining or overcast. Courtney is nothing but good company, and we're pretty similar in a lot of ways. Not only is she a great person, but she is an incredibly talented photographer. One of the few who still shoots with film. I'm sure I've talked about it before, but I absolutely love film photos. There's just something so raw about them. A moment captured in time, just as it was. It's not like digital, where you make all these adjustments to it in photoshop, or other photos editors. That's why I love it so much. Because it is, just as it was in that moment. It's not being romanticized or altered to try and project it in a certain light, with 5 different filters thrown over it (hi, Instagram). 
This has honestly been my favorite shoot to date. So if nothing else, please, please, check out Courtney's work here.
These were all shot in Echo Park, on Sunset. Two Boots Pizza, which is the most similar I've found to the central valley's Me N Ed's Pizza (except Me N Ed's makes me sick, Two Boots didn't), was our first stop. After finishing our slices, we headed next door to Origami Vinyl, which doubles as a venue upstairs, as Courtney told me. Really rad place, honestly. Then lastly was Stories, a bookstore reminiscent of Portland. It was all just really rad. I've gotta thank Courtney for not only these amazing shots, but such a good time and being great company as well. 

Cheers, y'all. 
xo
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment