Friday, January 11, 2013

School Uniform: Upgraded/Late Night Musings






























Jacket; random boutique in Santa Cruz
Top; H&M
Floral print pants; Kohl's
Boots; Kohl's
Abalone necklace; shop in Monterey

Since joining Phase Two (Paul Mitchell's advanced classes program), I have been allowed to incorporate white into my wardrobe, along with any color shoes I want! It's amazing how being able to add in just one more color allows me to showcase my style so much better. These floral print pants are some of my favorites. Today we had a makeup speciality class specializing in the smokey eye looks. One of my classmates did mine with the help of our wonderful learning leader, Stephanie Mele, whom I adore. I always get to hear other people's ways of describing my style, and Stephanie was talking about how she'd like to do my makeup, and described my style as more "geometric" as opposed to the more "soft" look more of my fellow classmates go for. I always love hearing different people's takes on what my style is.
I've only got 9 full weeks left of school, and I could be more stoked to be finished. Going through a year straight with no breaks is exhausting, just because I'm the type of person who has to have time to themselves, or else I start going crazy. As soon as I finish, I am taking an entire week to do absolutely nothing, recuperate, and regain my sanity. I'm amazed I've done as well as I have thus far without any breaks. It's slowly starting to get to me though. Any prayer is more than welcome.

Some more late night musings.

I wonder if you think about me even half as much as I think about you. I know you used to, and now the tables have turned. I turned these tables on myself, because of the stupid decisions I made. I won't ever be able to forgive myself if I can't make things right again. I know you were meant to be in my life, yet I dug myself deeper into this ground anyway. What if that summer was all I'll ever get to experience with you? I could never forgive myself. You make me stronger and weak all at the same time. I want to feel your fingers intertwined with mine again. I will never forget the look of longing on your face, when I knew you wanted to kiss me. I will never forget the deep sadness that swept over your face, the unwillingness to let me go when I had to head 200 miles back home. I wish I'd stayed. All these moments are forever engraved into my mind, and I don't ever want to lose them. I want these feelings again, only this time I will do everything I should have been doing all along. This time, I won't let go. I don't ever want to let you go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment